Monday, April 23, 2012

Before The Beginning of the Swap

Inspired by the Tumblr blog "My Dinner With Android", I have decided to do much the same and give Android a fair chance to convert me. In short, between now and the (probable) 3Q 2012 release of the iPhone 5, I am going to buy an unlocked Android phone and experience it for myself. This means the phone I buy has about six months to convince me NOT to buy an iPhone 5. 

Following Ryan Heise's lead, I decided to make a blog about my experiences with Android over the next six months or so. Along the way I will try to make some videos and posts about my experiences. To be clear, I'm not trying to prove that iOS or Android is superior once and for all. "My Dinner with Android" didn't really solve that issue, and I don't expect that this will either. My goal ultimately is to be entertaining and informative, probably in that order. But, and I mean this very seriously, this is a an even-handed, unbiased, unrigged test that can ultimately result in one less iPhone 5 launch day purchase. 

Will it happen?